POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Dotted Spheres With Radiosity : Dotted Spheres With Radiosity Server Time
16 Aug 2024 00:18:18 EDT (-0400)
  Dotted Spheres With Radiosity
From: Andrew Cocker
Date: 6 Apr 2002 06:05:59
Message: <3caed697@news.povray.org>
Hi,

Unfortunately I just can't find the time to try to model anything detailed,
so I decided to just do another simple scene, with fairly high Rad settings
and DOF too. Render time for this was approx 55 hours (dunno quite why it
was *so* high).
Rad settings were:

radiosity{
        pretrace_start 1//0.16
        pretrace_end   1//0.01
        count 700
        nearest_count 10
        error_bound 0.1
        recursion_limit 3
        low_error_factor 1
        gray_threshold 0.5
        minimum_reuse 0.015
        brightness 1.2
         }

.., still not got rid of some artifacts on the walls, and will probably
always use subtle color_maps in future to avoid flat solid areas of colour.

Seen this done before, I know, but anyone like this?

All the best,

Andy Cocker

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: